Choosing the Right Domain Name
Choosing the right domain name is essential for a business’s brand identity. Your domain name should reflect your brand while remaining concise and easy to remember. By registering your own domain name you can protect and build your brand. Your domain name will belong to your business and prevent others from using it. Choosing a domain name is not as simple as simply adding your business name to a web address.
How to pick the perfect domain name
The best domain name should be unique to your business, but there are a few unspoken rules that you can follow when choosing your domain name. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind:
- Domain names should be easy to type, with simple spelling, so that customers can find your site more easily.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens in your domain name so that when you need to tell someone the address there is no confusion.
- Keep it short to avoid spelling mistakes and make it more memorable.
- Creativity and uniqueness is also an essential of making a domain name memorable.
- Use keywords that describe your business, products or services, either together with your company name or on their own.
Get your ideal domain name when you choose a hosting package
Once you have a domain name planned out the next step is to register it. Many web hosting providers offer free or affordable domain name registration when you sign up for a hosting package, but you can also register your domain name yourself without web hosting. In fact, you can register a domain name before your website is even online. Domain names sell quickly so make sure that yours is unique and hasn’t already been taken. When registering your domain name you will also need to choose a domain name extension. Each extension has a specific use and meaning. If you are a local business you may prefer a localised extension such as .co.za, to represent your area of operations. For more advice about choosing and registering the right domain name for your website, contact Studio Licious Group today.